Thursday, October 8, 2009

Food

I want to make myself more accountable for what I eat. I will start with today.

Breakfast.. Two glazed donuts from QT with a 32 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper. Ahh..

That sounds awful. I guess this is why I don’t want to write down what I eat. But from now on I will keep a running journal of my food intake. It is my mom’s birthday so that was why I made the impromptu visit to the gas station this morning for a delicious birthday treat. Next time I will make some healthy muffins ahead of time.

No snack. I was full!

Lunch.. I had left over veggie pasta from last night’s dinner and a tangerine with water.

Not a bad lunch however I only finished eating an hour ago and I think I am still hungry. I was thinking of having hot chocolate but that is pretty bad. I may need to invest in some sugar free hot cocoa.

I guess a major part of eating is why we eat. What brings on the urge.. True hunger, anger, depression, boredom… I think my urge to snack comes from being bored at work. No offense to my job but currently it can be a real bore.

Snack: I did have an afternoon snack not the hot chocolate though. I had a granny smith apple with peanut butter. It was so good and seemed a lot better then the hot chocolate.

We are going out for dinner tonight. I will try to choose a healthy salad with the dressing on the side.

Dinner: Grilled Chicken salad with Honey Lime dressing on the side. Probably more than a handful of chips with salsa. And one bite of my mom’s birthday sopapilla.

Dinner was good. I made some pretty good choices. However, my brother joined us for dinner and I had the check split 3/1 and felt awful for not just paying for his food as well. It was an awkward moment but I am sure it will be fine. He works in the women’s shoe department at Dillards so I will just have to buy two pairs of shoes instead of one pair. He gets commission.

This may seem ridiculous to read about my food consumption everyday but I hope it makes me more conscious of what I am putting in my mouth. J

No comments:

Post a Comment